Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Home Stretch!

We had our last visit with the midwives today and everything went well.  At thirty-eight and a half weeks Baby is still happy, with a strong heartbeat and is doing lots of calisthenics.  And I am not growing or gaining as much these days, measuring 36 1/2 cm.  While I can not imagine being any bigger, I must say that I am pretty comfortable.  I can still put my own socks on and I can even touch my toes!  
We are looking forward to Mom's arrival next Tuesday. One benefit of knowing when the baby is coming is that it allows Mom's arrival to be perfectly timed! We get to keep her for ten whole days and may not let her go!
As Greg and I enter our last week of being a just a couple we are enjoying and savoring every moment, yet they somehow manage to fly by.  Our list of things to do before baby comes seems impossibly short. So we are taking naps and sleeping in and watching movies and eating out. All things that will be but fond memories in a matter of weeks!

No comments: