Monday, December 15, 2008

Holy Heartburn!

So I really can't complain.  I have had a wonderful, even enjoyable pregnancy and still consider myself to be profoundly blessed.  But I have finally been fed my dose of reality these past few weeks.  Baby is still breech, which apparently has its side effects, namely indigestion.  I now know that I have never had true indigestion before.  Even the thought of food makes my chest burn.  Motivating myself to spend extended periods of time in inverted positions has been increasingly difficult, especially when the baby seems to just nestle his or her self further into my rib cage.  A couple of nights ago I could not sleep for the life of me.  Every toss and turn came with a burning belch (also causing Greg to sacrifice a couple of Zs).  I decided that if I did not get to sleep that I would get myself to the Seven Eleven and purchase some Tums.  It wasn't until I dreamed that I went to an all night pharmacy to get prescription strength Tums that I finally fell asleep.  Later that day my dream came true and with the help of calcium carbonate and aloe vera juice I am finding myself more motivated for inversions and acidic indulgences.
In other news, our little enigma is already showing signs of independence and is keeping his or her head up.  We have an external version scheduled for this Wednesday morning.  So keep thinking thoughts and praying prayers of a baby turning.  

No comments: