Saturday, December 6, 2008

Turn Baby Turn!

At our midwife appointment this week we had an ultrasound confirm that our little one is upside down. At thirty-six weeks we really want baby to be head down in the launching position. With this news I have had to open myself up to the reality of a not-so-natural delivery. A thought that I am having a hard time warming up to.
Before our ultrasound next week we will be indulging any and every tactic to coerce the baby to turn. There are many activities believed to help a baby to turn. Both Greg and I have been talking to it, telling it how much more comfortable it will be head down. I have been visualizing the baby turning and singing it the song 'Turn Turn Turn' by the Byrds. I am going to try to spend more time in the pool this week after school is done. And every day I try to stand on my head when the baby is most active, which usually ends me up in some altered inversion involving lots of pillows and agitated indigestion. Again, not a stretch to find the humor there!
We are considering this our first lesson in parenting, the first of many times when our plans for our child will not influence actual reality. Although we are still holding out hope for a little sway in this situation.
Perhaps you can all send topsy turvy thougts and prayers to the baby while you enjoy this classic easy listening oldie.

No comments: