Saturday, December 6, 2008

Truly Blessed

There are times when it is easy to forget how blessed we really are, and this past Sunday I was reminded in a truly unforgettable way. My Eugene sisters, Katie and Magda, organized a blessing way that brought together women from all the different realms of my life. I am surrounded by some of the most intuitive and inspiring women imaginable and having them all in the same room together was just magical! The blessings that were shared during the bead ceremony will be with me forever. After absorbing all of their faith and support I felt a strength and love that is yet unparalleled. Having Mom there made the whole day even more magical.  Many thanks to those who were there in person and in spirit.
In the kitchen with Katie!

Passing the string around the circle to connect us all.
Afterwards we all cut a string to tie around our wrists to remind us of the new baby coming!

All of our hands together with our reminders tied on.
Bishop thought that all of these hands were reached out to pet him and give him blessings!

My cake eating grin!
This creation was a four layer chocolate cake with raspberry compote on top, espresso infused cream in the middle and vanilla frosting around the outside! Purely decadent!
Thanks Magda!

The perfect day to share with Mom!

No comments: