Monday, December 22, 2008

Our Visit with the Doc

Today Greg and I met with our new obstetrician, Dr. Paul Qualtere-Burcher, aka Dr. QB.  He is a great doc and Greg and I like him very much.  He listened to our list of questions and requests for the birth with an open mind and was very receptive to them.  He is very empathetic to my desire of having an experience that feels like a birth, not a surgery.   We are going to bring in some music to listen to during the birth, my friend Allison Zopel's CD, Music from Within.  If I am feeling brave I can ask for the curtain to be lowered as the baby is born.  Greg will be able to make the gender announcement of our little boy or girl, a delicious moment I cannot wait for!   And if baby and I are doing well then Greg and baby will be able to stay with me as I am getting sutured up.
It has been such a blessing to be able to take the time to adjust to the idea of a cesarean birth and be able to look at it in a positive light.  I fully believe that the energy and expectation that I bring with me will determine our birth experience.  And just because we didn't plan for this doesn't mean that it is any less beautiful and amazing.  We are just so excited to meet our little one and begin our adventures as a family. 

1 comment:

julie said...

you're so right, sarah. having a c-section is giving birth- just in a different way. i'm happy for you that you have found peace with the circumstances and also that the doctor seems so cool. best of luck!