Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day Revisited

The day of my inaugural Mother's Day fell a bit short of a new mother's expectation of being spoiled to a point of embarrassment while not batting an eye because she knows she deserves it.  It was simply not meant to be.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a total wash, and Greg did indeed spoil me with a lazy morning, a hot shower and quiet cup of coffee (all priceless and rare indulgences).  But the sinus infection, the overload of material I was trying to study for two tests the next morning and a fussy post-vaccine baby made for a rough day.  
So, naturally, we took a mulligan and celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend with some dear friends at our favorite winery, Sweet Cheeks (where we are now members, which is exactly what my maternal heart desired!).  Tegan and Noah, Sean and Kelsey and Greg and Norah and I clinked glasses over a feast of cowboy caviare, wisconsin cheese curds, fresh strawberries and sweet potato pie.  It was an evening to savor!  My cheeks blush when I think about how much fun we had.... or how much wine we drank ;) 
It's not about when you celebrate it--it's about how you celebrate it!  

Thank you Greg for such a truly beautiful day!





1 comment:

Your Author said...

Wow! That truly is a good view. I'm glad you enjoyed your day before the sun sets. I think I have an idea what's a cowboy caviar though... laughs.