Sunday, May 10, 2009

How time flies!!!

It was a year ago today that I called Mom and told her that I had a very special Mother's Day gift for her... becoming a Grandmother!  
Mother's day is a time to stop a minute and realize just how profound the love that a mother gives really is.  My mother's love is not only a light in my life, but in Norah's as well.  It is an unconditional, multigenerational phenomenon!  It's a crazy selfless love that is easily taken for granted.  One of the best parts of being a new mom, is realizing just how much my mother gave to me.  It's truly incredible.  Thank you mom!

My first Mother's Day is brimming with a new perspective on all that mothers give... and receive.  Being a mother has given me a fresh look at the world around me.  All those amazing little details that get forgotten along the way are suddenly the most important and spectacular wonders.  A tulip in bloom, your tongue, a curtain blowing in the wind, the rhythm of walking, dipping a chip in salsa, a face reflecting in a mirror.  Norah is seeing all of this for the first time and allowing me to see it through her eyes is the best gift ever!  She is already becoming her own person, responding and interacting with the world at large.  And though I flatter myself to bear some influence, I know that it will ultimately wane and she will have her own world view and life experience and will undoubtedly teach me things I never could have dreamed!  
But I am getting ahead of myself!  As excited as I am for her to continue to grow and develop, I am more than content to watch the curtains blow in the wind and smile and laugh at our reflection in the mirror.  The simple things truly are the most spectacular!
Oh, on that note... I got the best Mother's Day gift ever..... Norah giggled for the first time! 


One happy mom.
Because there isn't anything cuter than a naked Norah...


except maybe a sleeping Norah!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

OD said...

All these pix will come in real handy at her rehearsal dinner! Thanks for sharing with us.

Seza said...

Hi Sarah! I don't know if you remember me, but I was at Miranda's baby shower and we met when you were right behind me in your pregnancy. I found your blog on Mirada's and thought I would say hello and I super late CONGRATS! Check out our blog when you have time. Sarah D.