Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grandpa Goodness!!

Grandpa Roy flew into town yesterday for a sneak peak at his first granddaughter. We were so excited that he was able to stop by and meet Norah so soon! It was a quick visit, but Norah managed to give Grandpa Roy quite a show, with lots of happy alert time, some stellar napping and of course some nipple starved crying. Norah is already very excited for Grandpa's trip this summer when she will get to meet Grandma Debby! By then she will be full of smiles and crawling all over the place! Crazy to think about how fast that will come!
For the time being, Norah is what my parents referred to as a 'flapper'. She is still learning that she had control over her arms and legs. Every now and then I swear she plays with her tongue. She can lift her head up when she is on her belly, especially if she thinks there might be a nipple to land on!
I have started back to school full force. I gave my first injection this week, a successful interdermal (same thing as a TB test) to a classmate, who is still talking to me! This coming week I start taking care of patients on the Neuro floor of the hospital. I am still a little nervous about this, but they tell me that's a good thing. And I won't be poking any patients for at least a couple weeks! Whew! And so far Greg, who has also started back to work, is doing a great job of playing papa while I am off playing with needles. I really must say that Greg has proved to be quite the papa, don't tell him I told you this, but he has been doing laundry, dishes, diaper changes, and tonight he cooked his first pie (the same amazing curried veggie pie that we made for Christmas...someday I'll include the recipe!)



Enjoy these photo updates!
Align CenterIntroducing Grandpa Roy:

"My granddaughter's a hippie!?"

Norah loves her grandpa

"I'm ready for my close-up"

"Did someone say... nipple?"

"Nipply enough for me...."

This little piggie

More piggies

Smile?

Find something cuter than this.

No comments: