Monday, January 12, 2009

Goodbye Gramma Gigi

Gramma Martha, now to be known as Gigi (as in G.G., for Gramma Gorder) returned home to Minneapolis on Friday morning after helping us through our first week with Norah.  Let me just say that Greg was able to go disc golfing for two days in a row because there was nothing to keep him busy around the house after Mom had left not a dish to be done, a meal to be prepared or a rug to be vacuumed.  It was so great to have her here, and while my attempts at selling her on the charms of west coast living have not yet persuaded her to abandon the frigid winters of Minnesota, at least little Norah will be able to get her out here for a sunny summer visit.
In the mean time Greg, Norah and I are settling into something that slightly resembles a schedule.  I am much more mobile and have had to get used to feeding myself and fetching my own beverage every now and then.  I made my first appearance back at school and am planning on being back in class this Friday.  I have been staying up to date on class work with the help of a few fabulous classmates thanks Tegan, Mary and Jes!  With their help I will not have to play catch up for as long, although we are in for some full days ahead.
Norah is just amazing and has been treating us to some nice long stretches of sleep.  She is just beautiful....when she's happy, and she's still pretty cute when she is ordering us around!  She sure does miss her Gramma Gigi!


Priceless

"Did you say you were leaving?!"

"I love my Gramma Gigi!"

Peek-a-Boo!

"I'm not so sure about this!"


"I yawn in your general direction, Bishop!"

Pretty in Pink 
Sporting her first girly get-up from Gramma Gigi


My personal favorite way to spend an afternoon!

2 comments:

Scott and Miranda said...

Sarah and Greg--Norah is just beautiful! It's awesome to read just how much you are enjoying her. Bella can't wait to meet her cousin next month. We love you guys! Give her a kiss from me. -Miranda

Rebecca said...

I really miss you all so much. Keep the posts coming... Norah's favorite aunt and uncle love watching her grow. She is so precious and loved!