Saturday, February 25, 2012

Brice Creek Falls

As it turns out, it rains a lot in Oregon.  And since we are blessed with but one day every other week to spend together as a family, we do not have the luxury of being fair-weather adventurers!  So once again we found ourselves happily damp among the mosses and ferns of the enchanting underbrush as we set out on Brice Creek Trail to get up close and personal with the Upper Brice Creek Falls, a long time favorite.  We were treated to an amazing spectacle when we turned the corner to find the falls, usually dropping peacefully over the cliffs with the pressure of a pleasant shower, positively pounding thousands of extra gallons of winter water into the pool below.  Norah was truly terrified... and rightfully so... it was, let's just say, intense.  Amazing.  Breathtaking.  And I was holding on to her just as tight as she was holding on to me!  Needless to say, another successful family adventure!

Classic Oregon Moment.
A Girl and her Dog.

Having a mid-trail picnic by the tiny waterfall!

Norah is saying 'Cheese'... just not really feeling it!

I am gathering quite the collection of these photos, 
and honestly, I can not get enough!

FLASHBACK:  
Norah and I enjoying the peaceful proximity last October.

FLASHBACK 2:  Greg taking in the falls

Flash Forward to present:  
So that's where all the rain goes!!!

Up Close and Personal!

Awe-inspiring.

Exhilarating.

Amazing.

Captivating.

Rejuvenating.



1 comment:

April said...

Again, love your photos! This is Brads April if you were confused! Its so funny because Brad told me I should share my blog with you (I keep it private from work peeps, etc) and I just happened to notice you're a blogger as well! How fun, I will definitely keep reading (and be inspired by your outdoor adventures! ).