Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finally Furnished!

After a couple months of compulsively checking craigslist and running around town fetching gently used furniture, the nursery finally looks like a nursery! As I eluded to in a previous posting, craigslist has become a way of life for me. I probably check it twice a day. There is a plethora of baby gear from cribs to clothes to carriers that make the goal of green parenting even more affordable and attainable. I have found great deals not only on furniture, but on the other major baby investment, diapers.
The prenatal purchases I have made from craigslist have served to expand my sense of connection to the local community of mothers and families. With every exchange I meet a new mother with new insight and inspiration about parenthood and connecting with other like-minded parents. So not only am I getting a great deal on used furniture, but I am meeting hip mamas who approach family life from a fresh perspective. This sense of community has been a great comfort to me, as Greg and I are among the first of our friends to begin the transition from a couple to a family.
So while I plan on continuing to indulge my craigslist habit throughout the years to come, for the time being I am cut off from more baby purchases until after the showers and baby blessings....not that that stops me from checking the new postings!

2 comments:

The Fab Miss B said...

IT looks so so beautiful. I love the paint color you chose. Now we just need to clap eyes on that beautiful little enigma!

Andy (and Heather) said...

Hey guys! We love your nursery set up. Now all you need is a baby! Enjoy the last few weeks, they're going to fly!